Playdates at Basey
We're working together with Sensitiveboyfriend.com to run 'Playdates', a matching service, during the Fringe Fest. Participants answer a few questions, then get matched with someone else to go to a show from 17 February — 4 March. There's three comedies, one dance performance, and 'Fuck Rant'. Not sure how to classify FR, but it's by Nisha Madhan, so it will be good. You can sign up for a friend date, or for a romantic matching.
The most philosophical question on the form: what is better, movies or dessert? Here are some of the thoughtful responses from the cast of Playdates...
- Movies: They last longer and feel better at the end.
- Dessert: because you get to have a conversation!
- Dessert. Nothing wrong at all with movies, but I just like eating delicious things. This week I ate a dessert burger (donut/ice cream sandwich) without any regrets (gym tomorrow).
- M O V I E S because they are way more interesting to tell your friends about.
- Movies feed your soul.
- You can match dessert with wine.
- Both. Movies at home with a dessert. Fully indulgent. I’d probably go for a classic feelgood flick on DVD at home, and a slice of cheesecake or banoffee pie :) I don’t go to the movies much unless it’s something I reeeallly wanna see on the big screen. Cos I’m too lazy sometimes, and it’s pretty expensive.
- Movies. Because Joey doesn’t share food!
- Both have merits and are generally best served together, though if pushed I would say movies.
- Dessert... because food is life.
- Movies: They last longer
- Dessert prefer over any other meal
Would you like to meet the people behind these opinions?